Sunday, January 21, 2007

Point of Interest

I have discovered something rather interesting that I have located in the notes of Scott McCloud's Making Comics. If you don't already know about this it might be worth checking out.

http://24hourcomics.com/

It is a comics challenge complete with rules where comic creators make a fully completed 24 page comic in a single 24 hour period. "No Script. No preparation. Once the clock starts ticking, it doesn't stop until you're done." Scott McCloud calls it "Great shock therapy for the creatively blocked." Over a thousand comic creators have tried it since 1990 and the best work gets published.

I am highly considering trying this in the near future on my own accord and without publishing it. I believe it is a worthy point of discussion between our common interests. An exercise like this could potentially create an enourmous amount of self awareness and can break new grounds in our individual approaches.

I urge you to check the site out and consider trying it out.

Love Zen.

2 comments:

Tyrone said...

Hey Zen ...

Yeah I heard about this ...
I actually know a couple of people who participated in it (in different cities across Canada) ...
I know that The Hairy T held one sometime in the fall last year ...
They were calling artists to join ...
I heard about it last minute so I didn't have a chance to check it out ...
But i was interested in it ...
I'm pretty sure they will have another one ... I'll keep you dudes posted if I hear about it ...
Props!

-Ty

Jason Loo said...

I remember Ken Lashley of Draxhall participated in it to prove others in the industry that he hasn't turned into MacFarlene. And now Lashley's doing the Flash comics.