Monday, March 17, 2008

Box Lunch Promotion


My rep, Three in a Box, has an editorial and book publishing promotion coming out called The Box Lunch. The theme of the promo is "duality." For my spread I decided to focus on parallel universes, and put it in the context of a children's book.

I would love to do more children's books. The last one I did was in 2006 for Scholastic. It was about the carousel in North Bay and how the whole town came together to create this gorgeous hand-carved carousel. It was really labor intensive, but so much fun.

I frequently drop by the children's book section of Chapters. There are so many inspiring books there. My favorite at the moment is a wordless picture book called Flotsam byDavid Wiesner. The imagination and creativity that went into the creation of the illustrations and story is just mind blowing.

3 comments:

Evan said...

If this YA book of mine ever happens, you're first of my list for a cover artist. (Though, to be honest, I don't know how much input I'll have.)

AlanaMcCarthy said...

Hey thanks Evan, I'd love to work on it, if allowed. Gotta get cracking on Tyrone's Tyne cover too.

-loo-bot- said...

I'll keep my eye out for your books at my new workplace, children's dept in the Mississauga Library.