Friday, April 17, 2009

Leeves, GIJoe, and SK bookmarks! Oh my!

I can finally check a few things off my list! A while ago I had the pleasure of drawing a GIJoe comic for the upcoming Canadian GIJoe Convention. It will be included in their convention exclusive toy box set, but you can view the 7-page comic in this month's Joecanuck newsletter here! It was awesome drawing some of the stuff I grew up with like the Armadillo tank (one of the first GIJoe vehicles I owned) and other vehicles you can find in the scrapyard page. As a GIJoe fan since I was three and a half, I hope to do more work like this in the future.



TCAF is only three weeks away and I won't have AWOL'd volume 2 ready by then (still need to work on 32 more pages). But for any followers waiting, I've prepared a 20-page supplementary comic of Leeves' origins. For those that really know me, the story was inspired by my experience with a certain individual. 'Nuff said! Hahaha...



Also, I've prepared some freebies for those visiting the Sketchkrieg tables at the TCAF, Fan Expo, and Word on the Street this year. Sketchkrieg bookmarks!


Now I need to get back to work on AWOL'd volume 2! It's the last thing I need to do before I can fully enjoy the summer.

3 comments:

Evan said...

The Leeves cover looks SO good, Jason. I love the cover and the concept.

j.s. Kociuba said...

I think that the "roll up the rim" cup in the last panel( G.I. JOE comic) is an original and settle reference to Canada. Better then resorting to filling the page with flags or Mounties images like some Alpha Flight comic books (but I still like Alpha Flight).

Great job over all!

Zen said...

Busy Busy. You're the man LOO! Keep it up!

I couldn't imagine the feeling of drawing the brand of something you have loved for so many years. That would be like me drawing Spy vs Spy.

I can't wait for your book man! I am intrigued...