Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cinderella-ella-ella


I just finished this theatre poster for Theatre by the Bay. It's for their Cinderella play that's for kids. I really have fun doing these posters. Here's my process:

Sketches
They wanted the Fairy Godmother to be a bit smaller, she seemed to be dominating the poster. The wicked step sisters were too scary looking so I had to change them. Also they preferred that Cinderella's hair was up in a bun.

Linear
Before moving onto the inks, they wanted the bottom of Cinderella's dress to have a flower pattern.

Inks


3 comments:

Evan said...

Whoa, why is there a mariachi dancer in Cinderella? I really like the look of the stepsisters and Prince Charming, that smug bastard.

Nice work, Tyrone!

ADC said...

good detailing on the skirt. I'm too lazy to draw all that!

-loo-bot- said...

I'm telling Disney on you.

Very enchanting composition.