Wednesday, April 16, 2008

City State



I just finished my first illustration for Toronto Life. Its the banner for blog on their site, 'City State.'



After sending a bunch of sketches, they selected the one they liked best. Pencil sketches above.



I kept the people separate from the subway wall, so I could easily move them around, if need be.



As it turns out, they did want the 'City State' more centred, so I moved the standing hipster. (They also wanted her magazine to reflect the new cover design of the magazine, even though you can barely see it.)

2 comments:

Jason Loo said...

Wow, congrats on the Toronto Life spot!
I really dig your pencil work.

Tyrone said...

Yeah mang ... congrats!
The only problem I'm having ... and it's very minor ... I find the hipster chick seems to be leaning a little to forward ... looks like she is gonna fall over ... maybe if you had her tilting back a bit ..so it looks like she is leaning on the wall ...