Thursday, November 29, 2007

Life Drawing - Nov 15 + Nov 29 edition

I've taken some of my friends suggestions about relying less on the graytone markers and using more ink in the dark areas. It took tons of unwatchable experimental drawings until I found my niche.
10 minutes...


10 minutes...since the previous session, I decided to toss out the pencils and draw directly in ink. But I cheated a little on this one by using a dying brush marker to roughly sketch out the dude...guess I lost my confidence.


10 minutes...I thought the left lower leg was a tad long. But no graytone markers were harmed in this one.


10 minutes...Uh-oh! I brought out the graytone markers...but at least I applied some core shadows.

15 minutes...a bit too sketchy for the time I was given. Especially on that left arm.
Bye!

2 comments:

ADC said...

these are looking good, yo! Feeling the blacks. I'm totally going to try it, if I ever go to lifedrawing again, hahaha

maybe I'll go monday. screw the heroes finale!!

Tyrone said...

I dig the blacks as well ...
I really like the idea of you using the brush pen instead of a pencil ...
Looks cool ...