Thursday, April 19, 2007

Secret Origins!

It's been a while since I posted anything. Work is keeping me busy. But here are a couple more pages of pencils for the next issue of Amazing Challengers. They tell the origin of the Scare-Monger.



Enchanted pick-axe!



I'm trying to make them look more dynamic. Ideas? They look kind of bland, like a Valiant comic book. Nothing wrong with them, but nothing particularly good. The problem is making it look dynamic while also making it look mundane (because that's the overall atmosphere I'm trying to make for the book -- superheroes, but really mundane).

3 comments:

Zen said...

Lookin' good man! Keepin' it REAL!

Tyrone said...

Hey Evan ...

I really like how it's looking ... I can see the dynamic look you're capturing in some panels ... really effective ...
When you mention about your stuff looking a little like Valiant comics is it because of the standard use of panels instead of larger panels and splash pages?
Maybe you need to just throw in one of those here and there ...

-Ty

AlanaMcCarthy said...

I think it's a good variety of long shots, medium and close shots. I do see what you mean, the first page does have a lot of vertical lines in it. However, you're not really getting into the action yet, so I don't think there's anything wrong with that.