Monday, March 31, 2008

Street Fighter 3 drawing.

I was invited to do a pin-up for Udon's upcoming Street Fighter Tribute art book. It's been over a year since I've had to do any freelance art work, and I found it kinda strange to switch gears and actually draw something that wasn't my own. So, yeah, I feel a little rusty, but had fun doing it, and I think I'll try to make it a weekly thing to draw something. Sounds weird, yeah, but I've mostly been writing as of late...

here's what I did:



And just the inks:



And this is a failed attempt at doing some hatching.



And here is a view of the various rough stages. If you look closely I drew the head a number of times before settling on what I used.



-ADC

4 comments:

-loo-bot- said...

I'm happy that you didn't cave in and add another Ryu/Ken drawing in their collection. Great choice and well-executed for the character. The hatching would have worked if you were consistent throughout the whole drawing, with little skinny hatches on the lighter areas.

ADC said...

Thanks dude.

Yeah, I totally didnt want to do a "typical" pinup with Ryu or Chun Li or something. The dilemma lies in the fact that Capcom is letting each artist print a ltd. number of copies of their pin-up to sell at conventions and what not, and doing a Ryu/Ken/ChunLi/ or whatever popular character would've been a wiser choice.
Ah, well...!

I'm always afraid to really get into hatching, but sometimes I feel I need more blacks in my art...

-loo-bot- said...

Capcom would have made prints only for popular characters? Ah, I didn't know...Guile or Nash would have been another alternative. Or even Cammy! But still, Ibuki was handled nicely in the linework.

You need more Kanye in your art?

ADC said...

I was thinking more LeVar Burton.